Bring your sluething skills. Altus Public Library @10 am
Come join Kent Frates an historian and award-winning true crime author of Oklahoma’s Most Nortorious Cases.
Come join us on July 29th or August 5th!! for this easy and informative class.
Want a little help connecting to the internet, downloading apps, searching for resources or maybe connecting to your bank?
Then this class is for you! See you there!!
Join us May 20, 2021
at 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Register by calling
We’re spreading the word about FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit. Having a broadband connection is essential for households gain access to jobs, healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more. Enrollment starts May 12.
What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a temporary FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford broadband internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The benefit offers:
- Up to $50 per month discount for broadband service
- Up to $75 per month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet bought through a participating provider if the household contributes more than $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price.
Limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Can Apply
A household is eligible if someone in the household meets one of these criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline.
- Gets benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program or did so in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Got a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Had a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Learn more: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
3 Ways to Apply
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process. See Providers in Oklahoma: Emergency Broadband Benefit Providers in Oklahoma
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Questions and Answers about the Broadband Benefit
Do I get the Funds Each Month?
No, the participating broadband provider will get the funds directly from the EBB program.
Which Providers are Participating?
Broadband providers choose whether or not to participate. See a list of Providers in Oklahoma.
Will I Be Automatically Billed at Higher Rates if the Program Ends?
No. Households will need to opt-in to keep their service once the EBB program ends.
See more questions and answers: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
ALTUS LIBRARY ASSISTANT Full time, 40 hours per week which includes evening and Saturday hours as required.
Duties include: a variety of library reference and circulation functions, high level customer service, children’s and adult program development, promotion and marketing assistance through social media.
Requirements: Associate’s Degree with excellent written and oral communication skills; computer applications experience; and a minimum of two years of public service experience in a library setting or equivalent. Applications available at the Altus Public Library.
Return completed application with a cover letter of application and professional references listed to: ATTN: Executive Director, Southern Prairie Library System, 421 N. Hudson, Altus, OK 73521.
|Applications will be accepted until April 19th.
March 17, 2021 is the day we can all be Irish and enjoy many festivities. Immigrants from Ireland brought us this day of celebration. Many places serve traditional Irish foods such as cornbeef and cabbage. The most common symbol for this day is the 3 leaf shamrock. Why only 3 leaves let’s find out!!