Library Branch Manager: Southern Prairie Library System – Altus
- Organizes, directs, promotes and implements the activities of the Altus Public Library.
- Develops and presents programs for all ages, maintains library collections, provides leadership, direction, staff supervision and training.
- Ensures that outstanding customer service is provided to patrons of all ages.
- Builds relationships with community organizations.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field with three years or more of library experience in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrated performance in a management position.
- Preferred: MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited program with two years of public library supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level competency with computer services, software, digital literacy programming, social media, networking, and emerging technologies.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Demonstrated public program development and implementation.
Schedule: Full-time position, 40 hours per week, includes some evenings and Saturdays.
Send letter of introduction, application, a complete resume and the contact information for three professional references to:
Southern Prairie Library System
421 N. Hudson
Altus, OK 73521
Applications are available at the Altus Public Library, or online HERE, and will be accepted until the position is filled.