Bruce Davis joined GPLC as the Literacy Coordinator on July 5, 2022. He has served as President of the GPLC Board for the past three years. He organizes, supervises, and develops activities and materials to sustain and strengthen GPLC.
Ruth Ortega joined GPLC as Administrative Assistant in June of 2017. Ms. Ortega serves as bilingual liaison between GPLC and the Hispanic Community, and assists with ESL program development and instruction.
Beatrice Rivera is the bilingual Health Literacy project leader and ESL assistant.
The Great Plains Literacy Council (GPLC) was established as a 501(c) 3 organization (EIN 73-1310865) in 1985 with a mission to provide basic adult literacy services in Jackson and Harmon Counties. GPLC is a member of the Oklahoma Literacy Coalition, ProLiteracy, and the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits.
- Rick Cheaney, President 2022-2023
- Crystal Wilson, Vice President 2022-2023
- Sabina Garrett, Secretary 2022-2023
- Kathy Hale, Board Treasurer & SPLS Director, permanent
- Kristen Wagoner 2018-2020
- Rick Cheaney 2017-2019
- Doug Dalton 2018-2020
- Sabrina Garrett 2017-2019
- Ryan Howard 2018-2020
- Carlos Mendoza 2018-2020
- Don Altom 2018-2020
- Lori Miller 2022-2023
- Jacquelyn Parrish 2018-2020
- Crystal Wilson 2022-2023