Ruth Ortega joined GPLC as Administrative Assistant in June of 2017. Ms. Ortega serves as bilingual liaison between GPLC and the Hispanic Community, and assists with ESL program development and instruction.
Beatrice Rivera is the bilingual Health Literacy project leader and ESL assistant.
- Bruce Davis, President 2017-2020
- Lori Miller, Vice President 2017-2020
- Rick Cheaney, Secretary 2019-2020
- Kathy Hale, Board Treasurer & SPLS Director, permanent
- Kristen Wagoner 2018-2020
- Suzanne Rooker 2018-2020
- Doug Dalton 2018-2020
- Ryan Howard 2018-2020
- Carlos Mendoza 2018-2020
- Don Altom 2018-2020
- Jacquelyn Parrish 2018-2020
- Crystal Davis 2018-2020
The Great Plains Literacy Council (GPLC) was established as a 501(c) 3 organization (EIN 73-1310865) in 1985 with a mission to provide basic adult literacy services in Jackson and Harmon Counties. GPLC is a member of the Oklahoma Literacy Coalition, ProLiteracy, and the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits.