Ruth Ortega joined GPLC as Administrative Assistant in June of 2017. Ms. Ortega serves as bilingual liaison between GPLC and the Hispanic Community, and assists with ESL program development and instruction.
Beatrice Rivera is the bilingual Health Literacy project leader and ESL assistant.
The Great Plains Literacy Council (GPLC) was established as a 501(c) 3 organization (EIN 73-1310865) in 1985 with a mission to provide basic adult literacy services in Jackson and Harmon Counties. GPLC is a member of the Oklahoma Literacy Coalition, ProLiteracy, and the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits.
- Bruce Davis, President 2017-2020
- Lori Miller, Vice President 2017-2020
- Suzanne Rooker, Secretary 2017-2018
- Kathy Hale, Board Treasurer & SPLS Director, permanent
- Kristen Wagoner 2018-2020
- Rick Cheaney 2017-2019
- Doug Dalton 2018-2020
- Sabrina Garrett 2017-2019
- Ryan Howard 2018-2020
- Carlos Mendoza 2018-2020
- Don Altom 2018-2020
- Jacquelyn Parrish 2018-2020
- Crystal Davis 2018-2020